Tuesday, April 7, 2015

April Book and Movie Recommendations

Happy April Everyone!
This is H&M's Spring 2014 Fashion campaign with Miranda Kerr.. I know its last year's.. but I still love it so much! 
 



I love April... well I actually love every month, because I am big on celebration. In April, Spring becomes well settled, and its beauty is everywhere.

By the way! Starting in May, I am going to start doing Book/Movie Recommendations every two weeks!

The Book:
Time Travelers Wife:By Audrey Niffenegger. This is one of those novels that I had heard the title of a million times, but never deiced to read it until after I saw the movie. Personally I love book to movie adaptations, because I feel like you always have a little bit more to look forward to!

The themes of this novel are love, loss and the ever so inevitable: Time. For a novel about time travel, this story is so real... like gritty real. It is a deeply personal story about the lives of Henry and Clare, and how time brings/brought them together and took/takes them apart time and time again. I recommend you read this novel if you are looking for something a little deeper emotionally.  The love in this story is so real and powerful that sometimes you will need to put the novel down just to consider its depth for a moment.

I read this book by candle light at my cabin, because I couldn't put it down when it was time for the generator to be turned off!

The Movie:
One of my All time favorite Movies is Midnight in Paris by Woody Allen. I have seen this movie more than 10 times... I actually watched it again today! It is like someone looked into my own heart and created this movie. It is steeped in history, literature and artistic legend, style, and romance; all concepts I love. Not to mention... it partially takes place in the 20's, my absolute favorite decade.
This movie transports you into a different time, and makes you consider if perhaps you were born in the wrong decade. When my boyfriend and I went to Paris this past fall, we often referred back to the movie and how it so perfectly captured the essence of Old Paris.

Woody Allen's creative genius is exemplified in this film.
Our Midnight in Paris

Realizing that this post has a 'Time' theme. Make Time your old and new friend, not your worst enemy, slow down and enjoy.
Dear Magic... I'll come to you!



Well that's all for Today everyone!
Have you read this book or seen this movie? What did you think?!


7 comments:

  1. I am always looking for new books so thanks for this tip! Midnight in Paris is a gorgeous movie, I love it. It's so poetically beautiful and funny. I love the slow pace of the film. Also, Miranda Kerr is always too stunning. Take care x

    Louise
    http://louiseplace.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The movie totally does have that slow enjoyable pace, kinda like a long warm summer afternoon. Totally enjoyable and you don't want it do end!
      Thank you for reading!
      -S

      Delete
  2. i love your picks, i read that book a couple years ago, and I also saw the movie but definitely the book is better, this story really caught me and made me emotional . Thaanks for sharing
    x,Abril
    ps: I'm hosting a free advertising giveaway you may be interested.

    The Color Palette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It totally made me emotional too!... But I'll be honest... I was crying my eyes out in the movie theater lol! Very cool! I will check it out!
      Thank you for stopping by!
      -S

      Delete
  3. Midnight in Paris is such an incredible film and transports you to an entirely difference place/world! I don't think I appreciated it enough when watching, however I've often thought about it since :) Also, that H&M campaign made me laugh - I would get so irritated if someone kept me waiting to roll around on an armchair taking photos haha!!

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahaha! I was just thinking that the final time I watched it! The girl is the cab is extremely tolerant and good natured lol! Thanks for reading girl!
      -S

      Delete
  4. Thanks for those recommendations! I loooooooovvvveeeee 'Midnight in Paris'! It's one of the best movies ever!!!!!

    http://stylesprinter.com/

    ReplyDelete