Sunday, April 26, 2015

Gift Idea: Mimosa Gift Basket

Hello everyone, I wanted to get a post up before the weekend was over!
I came up with this idea a few years back, and made it into a Pin. To this day I still get notifications saying people have re-pinned this, and recently I have been getting those notifications every single day! So I thought, hey this must be a hot idea right now, I should blog about it once again!

The idea is a Mimosa Gift Basket. These are excellent for so many occasions, including house warming, bridal showers, mothers day, birthdays, and much more!
I think any mom would be very pleased with a Mimosa Gift basket on mother's day mornng!

Since it involves perishables, the idea is to prepare the basket the night before, stick it in the fridge over night, and gift it the next morning! This is a celebration gift basket, and since it is all chilled, encourage your special someone to open it right away! There is no time like the present to celebrate!


You can do this on a budget or you can go all out! The quality of the champagne glasses and champagne is up to you! I did a bit of a mixture, using dollar store champagne glasses but a good bottle of Prosecco! 
 ** Note: Champagne is a misguided title... if it is not from the Champagne France then it is not Champagne. I recommend you get a nice bottle of Prosecco, which is bubbly and perfect for the recipe!

 

Artistically You will Need: All available at the dollar store or Micheal's


  • Brown raffia
  • A Sturdy Basket
  • Clear Cellophane/ or a gift basket wrap bag (a cellophane bag)
  • Pretty Ribbon 
 What goes in the basket:

  • 2 Champagne Glasses
  • 1 bottle of Prosseco
  • 2 Oranges
  • 2 Lemons
  • 1 recipe card (I like mine to be 1/2 and 1/2)
Assembly:

Fill the basket with the raffia and start planting things inside. Make sure everything is facing one way, and all labels are showing. Nothing should be hidden. You should be able to see it all.

Wrapping:
If you don't have a gift basket bag (sold at dollar stores), you may need to tape two pieces of cellophane together to get nice coverage. Place the basket in the center and gather the cellophane at the top. Make sure it is not too scrunchy around the front, you want to be able to see through it and see the present! Tie it up  tightly with the ribbon. 


Happy Sunday! 

Have you ever made a gift basket? 

 

5 comments:

  1. This is such a cute little gift idea. I am defiantly going to do this next time I need to give a gift.

    Beth x
    www.hellobeth.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And very easy to put together!
      Thanks for reading girl!
      -S

      Delete
  2. Such a great idea!! I was just thinking what I could get for my mother this year!

    Renee | Lose The Road

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really perfect for Mothers day! Thanks for reading!
      -S

      Delete
  3. Such a good house warming gift! Love it.
    - M

    ReplyDelete