Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Boyfriend Post #2

Yay! Another post that involves my man! I have come across this idea  a few time now, and I really wanted to try it out! How it works is I show my boyfriend one of my nail polishes and he has to try to come up with a name for it. He is not supposed to guess the name, but instead think up a suitable name for the colour! After he came up with one, I read him the real name.

I think he did a GREAT JOB! He picked out some very very suiting names! He was also a very good sport for participating!




K: "Ok lets see... ahhh.. Alkatraz Black night"
My Thoguhts: I like it! Sort of dark, dangerous, and edgy.
Real Name:OPI: I Sing in Colour....
My Thoughts: I think K's name is WAY Better









K: "Never Go Full Nurse!"
My Thoughts: LOL... and this colour is now ruined for me. I now see how it is almost the exact colour of nursing scrubs... how cute....and sanitary.
Real Name: Sally Hansen: Pique Side



K:  Using a very mock  Soap Opera voice he said "Unspoken Words"
My Thoughts: Ooooo lala! What a romantic colour this has become!
Real Name: Sally Hansen Honor
My Thoughts: That's boring! I like the drama that K's name brought the colour!








K: "Party Starter Red"
My Thoughts: Ummm watch out OPI namers! This guy is better at your job than you! Love that name! And it totally encompasses how I feel when I wear this colour!
Real Name: OPI Monsooner or Later
My thoughts: I like both names, but I think K's is WAY more suiting!





Here is a little video featuring K and myself, we are just having a lovely old time dancing, driving, and eating ice cream in the sun :). FYI my car is right hand drive, so I wasn't driving in this lol!
 

 P.S No WIW2WW this week! Planning a great one for next week! :)


12 comments:

  1. This is such a funny post and clever idea. I prefer most of your boyfriends names rather than the actual names of the nail varnishes.

    Beth x
    www.hellobeth.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. He came up with some really great names! haha
    Your video is too cute!

    Renee | Lose The Road

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so impressed! Hehe too funny, thanks girl!
      -S

      Delete
  3. Haha oh my gosh your boyfriend's names for the shades are so on point - he should go into marketing!!

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He actually captured how I want to feel when I wear a certain colour! So cool! A natural ;) Watch out Don Drapper (Mad Men) hehe.
      -S

      Delete
  4. This is such a good idea! Love the names that he's coming up with haha!
    http://yasminanicole.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I loved this idea! It was a lot of fun to do.
      Thanks for reading!
      -S

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Woo woo! Love that name!
      Thanks for reading!
      -S

      Delete
  6. Love the party-starter red!

    http://www.lifeofbrookeandjane.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Might be my favorite! Thanks for reading.
      -S

      Delete