Saturday, February 21, 2015

Sunday Get It Done Day: Makeup Care

Sunday funday? Naaaa uhhhhh. I follow 'Sunday Get it Done Day'. I feel like I made this saying up... buttttt I am sure that if you google it,  I probably did not.

I thought I would take a blogger selfie (my camera and myself)
Every Sunday I make a checklist that I work my through within the day. The list consists of about 10 tasks that will set up my week ahead. Sunday cleaning, organizing, replacing, and baking can all make for a less stressful Monday through Saturday. I try to be very honest with myself "This shit will not get done if I don't do it now". It is SO TRUE! How many Monday Mornings have you thought "I have no clean white socks I MUST DO LAUNDRY TODAY!" and then Friday morning rolls around and you think "DAMN! Day 5 of striped toe socks from grade 4!




The best way to get stuff done.... is to just do it...on Sunday... when you have nothing else to do. 


My Sunday list includes laundry, hand washing special clothing, putting fresh sheets on my bed, scrubbing/cleaning/tidying, and washing my makeup brushes.


Today I wanted to share my makeup brush care routine! So here are some photos and words on how I take care of my makeup brushes.

Notes: 
  • It is important to wash your makeup brushes. They get dirty with old makeup and can actually cause acne. 
  • I wash my makeup brushes once a week. (Sunday)
  • I wash my beauty blender everyday with a bar of soap (it is not as delicate as the brushes)
  • Beauty Blenders need to be washed everyday for two reasons:
    •  1. They can get a build up of old product which can cause acne.
    •  2.  Some foundations oxidize and turn orange after sitting out, so by not washing it off the blender, one transfers a bit of the orange foundation onto one's face.
  • I soak my beauty blender in vinegar once a week for a deeper clean.

Prep:
  1. Fill a disposable pie tin with about half a cup of Vinegar.
  2. Fill a yogurt container with hot water and a couple of pumps of Aveeno face wash. Aveeno is gentle and removes makeup (any gentle face wash will work)! You don't want to use too harsh of ingredients when cleaning your brushes.

Process:
  1. Swirl the brushes in the hot Aveeno water. until makeup no longer comes out. 
  2. Rinse under water
  3. Swirl the brushes in the vinegar.
  4. Rinse under water.
  5. Shake off or squeeze excess water from brushes.
  6. Reform the shape if needed.
  7. Set out to dry on a towel. 
Anddddd... Done! Check!


Kitten Mews: Kitten likes to hang off of the screen door to stare at the neighbor cat. EPIC stare offs.




11 comments:

  1. i love the layout of your blog
    i should do the same thing with my brushes haha
    xoxo
    monchi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl! Yeah the brushes are so soft after!
      -S

      Delete
  2. Great post! Fridays are normally my "Get it done" days! That way I have the entire weekend to relax or do the things I want!

    Renee
    www.losetheroad.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you! That would be a great feeling!

      Delete
  3. This is awesome. Ha, I loved: "This shit will not get done if I don't do it now", that's totally my mantra when I need to get things done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. soaking the beauty blender in vinegar sounds like a great idea....i've been thinking what other ways i can clean it to ensure it's getting a good wash...sounds like i found my next solution. such a cute pic of you up top.

    -le jolie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you like it! Thanks girl! Thank you for reading

      Delete
  5. Wow I didn't realize how often makeup brushes needed to be cleaned. I'd better work this into my to-do list (probably on Sunday like you).

    -Katlyn

    www.theclassychai.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good idea to have a list to work through. I always have a weekend mental list. Thanks for stopping by!

    Amy Ann
    The Real Arnolds

    ReplyDelete