Sunday, January 4, 2015

My Boxing Week Fail/Win

Hello Whos!
As I have mentioned before, I LOVE finding a great deal! I get all excited and grab it off the shelf as fast as I can, imagining  that someone is going to swoop in and get at it first!
The other day I was at Winners looking around the discounted Christmas stuff, which really didn't interest me too much as it was all the junky/ tacky left over stuff, when I came cross the candles. I saw about four of those huge scented jar candles and quickly noticed that they were Yankee, which is a great brand (brands matter when it comes to scented candles). Interest peaked, I lifted it up to see the price. The regular price for a large jar Yankee Candle is anywhere from $20-$30.  As I turned one over I saw that it was $3!
STOP THE BUS I'M GETTING OFF! Before my next breath, I had all four giant jar candles in my arms and was literally running across the store to my boyfriend. Unknowingly acting out the 'start the car' IKEA commercial, I actually started calling his name when I was still about 20 paces away.
Well, everything would have been fine if one of the lids that I was holding hadn't slipped from my grip and all the candles hadn't come crashing and smashing to the floor......
 In these situations one has three choices... 1. Run from the scene of the crime. 2. Stay, apologize endlessly to the store clerk cleaning it up, and  feebly attempt to help, as you turn into a tomato. Or 3. Adopt the essence of someone much cooler than yourself. Apologize to the store clerk calmly, offer to pay for the broken merchandise. Thank them for their assistance. Pick up your three candles that didn't break, with all the grace you can muster, and calmly walk away.
I am very proud to say that I chose #3. But, that didn't stop me from dragging my boyfriend into the shoe isle five seconds after and overreacting about how ENORMOUSLY EMBARRASSING THAT WAS! He was very kind, and five minutes later, knocked a giant Santa off a shelf himself. We laughed about this immensely, joking that we shouldn't be allowed in stores. I think he might have done it on purpose, and I love him for it.

Anyways, I left the store with a bit of dignity, a good laugh, three intact candles, and a great deal.

 Money Saving Shopping Tip:
If you check out the Yankee Candle website, they have huge discounts on their holiday candles. Candles  make great house warming or hostess gifts, and are great additions to gift baskets! It is easy to forget that winter has only just begun and that these scents are not yet out of season! Yummy smelling houses are the best!  OR, why not save some money on your 2015 Xmas list! It's never too early to start ;)

Yankee Candles

***P.s Stay tuned for my favorite Boxing Week Buy!

-S


No comments:

Post a Comment