Friday, December 5, 2014

Wet and Wild Lipstick

Hello everyone!
Did anyone do any cyber Monday shopping? There was a two day 50% off sale at eyeslipsface.com which sells the full line of Elf products. I got a diverse haul so I will do a review on my favorites from that order soon! Speaking of Elf! Yesterday when I was at London Drugs I saw a very select small display of Elf products! I did not know they sold ELF in Canada! Although... after seeing the website and how much they offer, I don't think I will be buying ELF from a store ever again. For those of you that do not know, ELF is a VERY reasonably priced line of makeup and makeup tools that has SO MANY pieces that are comparable to high end products and tools.

Speaking of well priced bargain Makeup! Wet and Wild Wet and Wild Wet and Wild! Everyone who doesn't know this well kept secret is thinking....  Wet and Wild is the section in the makeup isle that  your eyes have automatically rolled past since you graduated from middle school! But stop rolling! Wet and Wild actually has a lot to offer you! The YouTube Makeup Guru EmilyNoel got me to try out Wet and Wild. First I tried their eye shadows, and I was blown away by their pigment, color selections, and quality! Next I tried their lipsticks, which I will be talking about today! So if you want to hear and see some lipstick...then lip stick around.

 I went onto Wallgreens.com and purchased 11 Wet and Wild Lipsticks, 6 from one line and 5 from another. I got each of my lipsticks from .99 cents to $1.99. This post I will be focusing on my 5 Wet and Wild Silk Finish Lipsticks.

 I think the Best things about Wet and Wild lipstick is that it has amazing pigment and it is completely inexpensive .

Because these lipsticks  are so cheap, they are a GREAT way to try out shades you have never worn before. Why would you dive into a $20 tube of black lipstick from MAC if you don't even know if you would ever wear it out in public? We are all brave and bravado in the Mac store, because the makeup artist with the fuchsia eyebrows has given us the confidence to think "ya! I can totally wear this black lipstick!". But then when you get home to your family and friends who have regular eyebrows, we begin to realize "no... this is real life.. and black lipstick aint gunna fly at Christmas this year". Why not try a cheaper version first, to see if you like it!




AS HILLARY DUFF SAYS "WHY NOT! Why not try out some new colours?













Wet and Wild Silk Finish:As the name says, these lipsticks are meant to have a silk finish, and as well are meant to be more moisturizing with a combination of Vitamin A and E and Aloe Vera. I would definitely say that these lipstick go on MUCH smoother than the Mega Last, and as well have much more shine and glossiness. I would not say these have much staying power, but they feel nice on your lips and give good glossy colour! I tried to take pictures with and without a flash. I would say that the flash picture is a good representative of the colour in natural daylight.


Dark Pink Frost 502A: A frosty purpley pink. It is very Frosty.


Nouveau Pink 511B: This went on SO SMOOTH! IT is SO Pink and wonderful!



Hot Paris Pink 520E: This one as well goes on SO Smooth


Blushing Bali 545A: This has a great shine. It a sort of plum rust earthy colour. I think this is a great Fall colour. I had to make a silly face...


Taj Mauve-hal 553B: This is a very rich, pinky purple colour, It would be on the warm side of the purple scale, where as the Dark pink Frost would be more on the cool side of the purple scale.


So that is the Silk Finish Wet and Wild Lip Sticks! Pretty nice for under $2 hey! I have picked my Nouveau Pink as my favorite because it feels SO Smooth and has such a bright fun colour.




No comments:

Post a Comment