Monday, May 25, 2015

How I Get My Summertime Bronzed Glow!

HELLO! I have been working on my first YouTube Video so I have not been in the blogger world for a while! I look forward to catching up on all of the blogs I love to read!

If you have not seen it yet! Here is my first YouTube video! I would be SO grateful if you wanted to subscribe to my channel or give it a thumbs up on YouTube!! Thanks!!!

As for today! I wanted to mention the products that are helping me get that bronzed glow that I just love this time of year!

Here are some selfies from the wekeend that I think showcase either my tan or my glow! (Iphone pics! Sorry!)




Okie Dokie! So here is how I got my Bronzed glow!!

1. Spray Tan! I went to a reputable tanning salon and got my first ever Machine Spray Tan! I was very worried because usually I get an actual person to do it! And all I could think of was Ross from Friends and his epic Machine Tan Fail! But I was SO HAPPY WITH IT. Because of the direct sun, the three photos above don't show the tan very well, but I think these two below really do! Just a nice toasted bronze!


2. Now I was thiiiissssss close to buying my foundation in a darker colour for this tan... and then I just stopped... and reached for a cheaper product! I picked up the NYC Smooth Skin Bronzer in 'Sunny' for $2.99! I have heard that this bronzer is a dupe for the Hoola bronzer.. not sure about that, because it is not as dark, but it was FANTASTIC at warming up my foundation! I didn't put it everywhere, but was a lot more liberal in the blending out step than I would be without a tan!

3. OK so now my skin matched by body but I didn't have any definition! I used my slightly darker Hoola Bronzer and my even darker ELF bronzer to contour! Which I think shows really nicely in this picture below.
 
YA.. I know this is the third time I've posted it lol!











4. Now for that glow! I'll be honest... I was at a Roof Top Patio Birthday Party in this picture, and had been sitting in the sun for hours! So I am a little dewy from sweat lol! But the rest of the glow is from my Mary-LouManizer Highlighter from The Balm (a little pricey, I've heard there are close dupes)!  I used this product in my YouTube video, which shows that a little goes a long way! This needs to be put in specific areas (top of cheek bones, bridge of nose, bow in lip, center of forehead, and chin) but just a tiny bit!.... You don't want to show up to the party as Edward Cullen!

"Hey guys... thanks for inviting me".
Here are all of the products! 
1. ELF Contouring Bush a Bronzer: Found at American Targets, Eyeslipsface.com, and maybe some Canadian London Drugs.

2.NYC Smooth Skin Bronzing Face Powder in the colour 'Sunny'. Found at Wallmart

3. Hoola Bronzer by Benefit: Found at Shoppers Drugmart

4. The Balm Mary-Lou Manizer. Found at Rexall


Anyways! This is what I have been doing to speed walk my way into a bronzed glowing look this Spring!
What changed do you make in your makeup process for the Summer?!

Keep it real!
-S
P.S I love this video SO MUCH because it has four of my favorite Models in it! Natasha Poly, Doutzen Kroes, Adriana Lima. and Joan  Smalls!




3 comments:

  1. Your first video is really amazing. I hope a lot more people watch it and subscribe. I love Benefit's Hoola bronzer, it has to be my go to bronzer for all year around. I still have not tried the Mary-Lou Manizer, it looks beautiful.

    Beth x
    www.hellobeth.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. So awesome you started Youtube!! Just subscribed! :) You have me wanting to try that cover girl foundation now!

    Renee | Lose The Road

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, the Edward Cullen photo made me laugh a little - that's how I feel right now! You're lucky to have experienced such a positive machine spray tan.. there are sure are some horror stories doing the rounds on that front! You look positively glowing - so pretty! :)

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice
    x

    ReplyDelete