Thursday, February 26, 2015

Dollar Store Makeup finds: Take 1

It is the weekend!
 I'ma livin for the weeekkkend HEY! 



While I was driving my boyfriend to the airport this week,  we passed a Dollar Store and I said "Hey! I should do a Blog post based around great dollar-store makeup finds."
To this he said :"Yeah, that's a good idea. Chicks love being frugal",
and I thought AIN'T THAT THE TRUTH! I love bargains! I love deals! I celebrate and rejoice in my great buys!
You rarely hear a guy say things such as...
"This Watch?! YA! $5 and free shipping!"  or 
"You see all of this shit?! TEN DOLLARS!!!!" or 
"You wanna know where I got this shirt?!? THE THRIFT STORE!"

Unless they are Maclemore. 

So on my way home from the Airport I stopped at that dollar store and bought a few items to try and review for Twenty Who!

I thought that I would blog about a few items at a time. I am not going to bother blogging about ones I didn't like, because ain't nobody got time for that.

So today I am going to be talking about two of my favorite finds (so far) from the good old Dollar Store!

I am wearing both of these product in the pictures!
**** BOTH OF THESE PRODUCTS ARE CRUELTY FREE! :) ****
Find #1:Wet and Wild: Color-icon KOHL Eyeliner
As you can see, I paid $1:50 for this eyeliner, which I think is a GREAT deal. This eyeliner is very pigmented and creamy. I usually don't wear stick eyeliner, because I don't like how they pull on delicate eye skin, but this one just glides! I is very smudgy, so not good for a precise look, but if you are going for a smudgie smokey eye, like the one I am rocking in the pictures, then this one is a perfect choice! This eyeliner is also HUGE..like almost double the length of a regular eye liner. AND IT IS $1.50!!!! This product is a great staple for any makeup kit! I


Find #2: Wet and Wild: Silkfinish Lipstick
I paid $1.50 for these lipsticks! That is insane! 
These lipsticks have a silk finish, and are moisturizing with a combination of Vitamin A and E and Aloe Vera. They go on SO SMOOTH and have a lot of glossiness. I'm not sure why, but these Silkfinish lipsticks have major staying power...like major! The reason I  am saying "I am not sure why" is because I already had about 5 of these lipsticks (SEE POST) and they did not have much staying power at all. Perhaps they changed the formula? Either way, I think these are a great buy!

I picked up five colours
  • "Will you be with me" This is the colour I am wearing in the two non-smiling pictures. It is a pinky cool neutral with a touch of berry. I will get good use out of this one.
  • "A Short Affair" This one is a very very sheer baby pink neutral. I am going to carry this one around in my purse and use it as a 'wear and go' colour. It has a pretty gloss to it.
  • "Ready to Swoon" This is a frosty warm coral, with both orange and pink hues.This could be fun to wear as a statement with a simple spring outfit.
  • "Whats up Doc" This is a bright coral. Excellent for those wanting to try out a coral this spring/summer. I will have fun wearing this one!
  • "15 Minutes Aflame" This one is sort of like barbie pink! It is bright and fun!


 As I mention in my other Wet and Wild lipstick post, W&W is a great brand to colour experiment with! Pick out some colours you have never tired before!


Other Makeup I am wearing in this picture (Non-Dollar store):
-Primer: Smashbox
-Foundation: Covergirl 3 in 1 Outlast in the shade 910
-Concealer: Maybelline Age Rewind in the shade 210 Fair 'My Concealer Routine'
-Powder: Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in the shade Translucent
-Eyeshadow: Urban Decay Naked Basics Palete
-Mascara: Maybelline Falsies Mascara
-Bronzer: hoola Bronzer by Benifit
-Blush: Elf Studio Blush in Blush Rose

Kitten Mews: Kitten tried to jump from the sofa to the back of the bench... a distance of over 2 meters. He was very close to making it.... but in a display reminiscent of the passing of the late Mufasa, he fell. He was very sleepy after, and fell asleep like this.

6 comments:

  1. Amazing finds!! I am loving the dollar store lately. They literally sell EVERYTHING now!
    Also, I'm adding a favorite blogs list to my sidebar, I was just wondering if you had a blog button? Thanks! :)

    Renee
    www.losetheroad.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?!? Haha! ooo that sounds fun! I want to do that too! I didn't know what a blog button was, so I googled it, and made one up and added it! (It says 'the Twenty Who') Do I need to add the HTML aswell? Thanks girl! :)

      Delete
    2. Yes, you have to add the html under it so other people can grab it!

      Delete
    3. I did it! I am so proud of myself! Hehe I am just learning how to speak html :) Thanks girl!

      Delete
  2. wow I am going to have to try the lipsticks! Also just want to say that you are absolutely GORGEOUS! x
    http://newlittlethought.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they are a great little buy! :) Oh my goodness thanks girl! :)

      Delete