Thursday, March 5, 2015

March Book/Movie Recommendation



Bonjour!

Something that I have been really trying to focus on lately is paying attention to small moments. So often when I have 'nothing to do' I get out my phone, but I feel like I have been missing a lot! What if Hemingway was on a phone or laptop when he hung out in those Paris Cafes? What is Fitzgerald was facebook at those hoppin parties and not observing the rush! What if JK Rowling had had an IPhone that day that her train was late.... what if instead of letting her mind wander for 3 hours, she went on a 3 hour facebook binge.


I love technology, and I like that I am of the internet generation... But I also enjoy whip cream..... does that mean I should carry around a can and take a shot whenever I have an empty moment? No.

I am learning moderation.
Will I spend an hour on wiki tonight searching up every single person from a 90s TV show, and scrolling down to 'personal life' to see what they are up to now? Probably.
But when I go to Starbucks tomorrow, and once again see those adorable friggin pink cups, I'ma try my darndest to leave my phone in my purse and not instagram that cuteness (again). I'ma live in the mo...maybe I will eves drop on the people next to me, maybe I will pretend I am in a Maroon 5 slow song music video, and I have been waiting for Adam for hours, and I am this close to leaving, maybe I will  make up an epic argument in my head with someone I hate. Or maybe just drink my coffee. Who knows!

Anyways, I am a reader, I love to read novels of all different kinds. So I thought I would give a recommendation to those of you who would like to get into reading but need a little push in the right direction.

 
March Book Recommendation
My March Book recommendation is Helen Fielding's Bridget Jones Diary. It does not matter if you have seen the movie, the book is a must read for any gal in her 20s/30s. It is full of honesty and you will laugh out loud. If you like romantic comedy movies, then this book is perfect for you. Just trust me! you will be walking back to Chapters for the second book before you know it!










Another thing that I love is movies! I miss those days when you would all get in the car and go to Blockbusters or Rogers to rent a movie and pick up treats! My boyfriend and I still do the 'pick up treats' thing, but our movies are usually from Ice Films, Netflix or the Movie Channel. We also go to the theater a lot. We love seeing movies on the big screen, playing arcade games, and getting treats. :)

I can't stand when I don't know what movie to watch, which is why I love to hear peoples recommendations! I thought I would share my favorite Romantic drama!


 
March Movie Recommendation

Hope Floats: If you have not seen this movie before, or you have not seen it in many years, you need to watch it this weekend! It is an intricate but simple story, full of so much love and heart ache! Also, it has Sandra Bullock in it... so you can't really go wrong.














Have you read this book or seen this movie? What did you Think!? What is your favorite romantic drama movie or rom/com book? :) 
Thanks for reading!
Kitten Mews: Kitten went outside for a few hours today. Porch cat kept an eye on him but was not happy about it. Porch cat remembers a sweeter time, when it was just us and him, but he also recognizes that kitten is the only reason we now have kitten food/cat treats for him.



14 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks girl! It was $5! A few French women stopped me in the streets and asked me where I got it. I feel like that is high praise! haha.

      Delete
  2. I've never read Bridget Jones! I really must do that someday. I would have to say my favorite romantic movie would be The Notebook.

    Renee
    Newest Post:
    Flashback Friday #23

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Notebook is one of my favorites for sure! I just fast forward through the old people parts because they are too sad! I love Noah and Ali's story, and I think they cast the movie perfectly.
      Yeah girl! It is such a fun read! I have read it like three times!
      Thanks for reading, and have a fantastic weekend!
      -S

      Delete
  3. Great recommendations. Love that dress you're wearing by the way. Love it more with that hairstyle!

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl! The pony tail was just working for me that day! Hehe
      -S

      Delete
  4. I love your train of thought about spending less time looking down at your phone! I completely agree with you on everything. "maybe I will pretend I am in a Maroon 5 slow song music video, and I have been waiting for Adam for hours" - ha, so funny! I'll try that. Thanks for the book and movie recommendations, I actually haven't read the book nor seen the movie but will definitely check both out. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha My go to in high school was the OC theme song "california'. I would listen to it while my mom drove me to school and I would pretend I was in a Ryan Atwoood-esque situation, and was being dropped off at the Cohens.I apparently have a flare for the dramatics hehe. Thanks for reading!
      -S

      Delete
  5. Great post! And your cat is absolutely adorable lol xx

    beautyobsessions3.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope Floats is a great guilty pleasure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally. I laugh, I cry, I get mad, I smile like a fool! Those are the best kinds of movies! :)
      -S

      Delete
  7. Bridget Jones! Haven't watched that in years! Great pick, and coming from a not-so-serious-book-worm, that's a big compliment! Nice choosing girls :)

    ordinarilyquirky.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I hadn't either! :) I love watching movies I haven't seen in year almost as much as new movies! hehe, I like knowing that it is good and knowing where it is going! Thanks for reading!
      -S

      Delete